The Microsoft IT Academy provides a range of official Microsoft online courses and learning resources covering subjects from digital literacy foundation skills to business skills to advanced networking and programming skills.
In addition to more than 400 online courses in English, over 1,800 of the Microsoft IT Academy’s most accessed courses are available online in 16 languages. Many Microsoft IT Academy online learning courses are offered in Brazilian Portuguese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latin American Spanish, Norwegian, Polish, Russian, simplified and traditional Chinese, and Swedish.
This is where you find everything from courses on using Microsoft Office, to courses to prepare you for Microsoft Professional Certifications. To access these resources, you’ll need two things.
A Microsoft ID. If you have an account for Hotmail, outlook.com, Xboxlive, Skydrive or any other Microsoft service, you can use that login information. If you don’t already have a Microsoft ID, you can get one for free using the instructions below. You may create a Microsoft email account as part of this process, but it is not required. You may use your existing email account to create a Microsoft Account regardless of provider.
Create a Microsoft Account:
- Go to https://signup.live.com and click Sign up.
- Complete the fields to create your Live ID/Microsoft Account.
- Go back to your email account and verify your email.
An Enrollment Code. If you are library patron, you can obtain an Enrollment Code by filling out this request form. If you don’t have a library card, you can obtain an enrollment code in person at the Library Reference desk. Once you have a Microsoft Account and and Enrollment Code, you can activate your e-Learning Courses.
Activate E-Learning Courses:
- Go to learner site https://imagineacademy.microsoft.com, and click Sign In.
- Select how you want to sign in. In most cases, you will want to choose Microsoft Account. Enter your email and password when prompted.
- Click the link to redeem your code.
- Enter the code and your email.
- Check the box to accept the User Agreement & Click Continue.
- Fill out the profile information, and click save.
Finding and Accessing Courses
Use the Search Box or Browse Tab to find and add courses. Once you've added a course, you can access it by clicking on My Courses and then clicking the hyperlinked name of the course.
- Go to learner site https://imagineacademy.microsoft.com
- Click the Sign In button on the right of the home page.
- Enter with your Microsoft Account and password.
- From My courses, click the course you would like to start or resume.